Summer

27 April 2009

What Are You Reading Monday - 27 April 2009

Keeping it simple this week to see about finishing one or two more for my monthly book journal before the end of the month...my self competitive streak showing it's fuzzy self:

Purse/Bedside/Bike book is THE BODY IN THE CAST - Katherine Hall Page, a great cozy mystery series.
The BOCD in the car is still LIE DOWN WITH THE DEVIL - Linda Barnes. It's a very intriguing turnabout as I don't remember Barnes using anyone else to tell the story besides Carlotta Carlyle, her main character. Reaching the second half of the book, I found that Mooney is now telling the story as Carlotta seems to have run to ground.....
Go see what everyone else is reading this week over at JKaye's blog, she hosts the What Are Your Reading on Monday fun.







8 comments:

Ruth Schaller said...

Lie Down with the Devil sound good - happy reading!

Vickie said...

Ruth: It is a super listen/read!

Anonymous said...

Man, oh man, you can come up with the coolest looking books. Both look good, but LIE DOWN WITH THE DEVIL sounds like more my book.

Vickie said...

JKaye: Have you read Linda Barnes? If not, you should. It's a superb series.

Anonymous said...

Vickie, nope, this is author I haven't tried yet. I'll venture out more next year. I signed up for too many book challenges this year to experience more than I have now. I have a long wish list for next year!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Interesting cover for Body in the Cast. Have a great reading week!

Maree said...

Very interesting looking books. Happy reading! :)

Vickie said...

JKaye: I slowed way down on my challenges just so I could read what I wanted. I was out of control last year and ended up not enjoying myself sometimes. I look forward to your reading list next year.

Mary: I have to hide the cover from Lady K, she hates this one. = )

Maree: Thanks!