Summer

04 April 2009

NINTH KEY: The Mediator, Book 2 - Meg Cabot, narr Johanna Parker

Another fine example of Meg Cabot's prolific talent. I am not always fond of authors who have so many books (72!) and series (11!), but I make an exception for Meg Cabot. She can write about a size 12 or 14 not being fat and make me laugh at the mysteries that the character finds herself in. She can write about the Princess Diaries, she can tell me about the Boy Next Door.
My absolute favorite story Meg can tell me, is The Mediator series. It's a little reminder of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Except that it's not Buffy, it's a 16 year old named Suze. She knows she's a Mediator, has always been a Mediator, will always be a Mediator.
She would like a normal teen life, but what she has is a 150 year old ghost sharing her bedroom and a boyfriend she'd like to have, but whose family has a shady way of accumulating wealth..and oh yeah, a wicked case of poison oak. How come no one warned Suze about the poison oak? She'd love to get one good night's sleep, but the ghosts of murdered victims past keep waking her with their agendas.
Johanna Parker is a wonderfully talented narrator. She also narrates my other favorite series with Sookie Stackhouse and gang in the Southern Vampire series.
Five ghost-lovin beans.....



5 comments:

cindy said...

perfect! cabot was so gracious to read silver phoenix and give it a blurb, i really want to start reading her books. but have no idea where to start! thank you for this review! and thank you for word of mouth from idragonfly about my debut! i really appreciate the support!! =D

Desert Rose said...

I got an award for you waiting, please come pick it up :)

http://desertrosebooklogue.blogspot.com/2009/04/zombie-chicken-award.html

Blodeuedd said...

...she has that many books?!
I have read one, lol

Vickie said...

Cindy: I highly recommend reading Meg Cabot. They are fast moving and funny.
I am looking forward to reading your book.

DeSeRtRoSe: Thanks toots! I'll head on over.

Blodeuedd: I know! And I think they would all be good. Not many authors can do that and still be good. I've read four (two from two series) and have several more from some of the other series ready to read.

TexasRed said...

This is great! I have read some of Meg's other stuff, but not this series. Going to have to check it out!