Summer

17 May 2009

A KISS BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE - Thomas E Sniegoski


An urban fantasy starring an angel who would rather be human averting the apocalypse. How cool was this book to read? I fell for Remy Chandler, former Seraphim, and his dog, Marlowe (I may have fallen harder for Marlowe - look at that face on the cover!) in the novella that Sniegoski wrote for MEAN STREETS that I read in January. I fell hard and had to add Sniegoski's books to my WantonWantin' Book List.
The Angel of Death has gone missing and this sets a whole bunch of incidents off towards the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse on the horizon. Some of Remy's former brethren show up asking for his help.
This is a gritty noir detective novel tinged urban fantasy and I highly recommend this if only to read the conversations between Remy and Marlowe.
Five angelic beans....image to follow...

4 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Great review. Gotta love a character who has good conversations with his dog!

Vickie said...

Mary: Thanks! The conversations and how Sniegoski writes the dog's dialogue....so GOOD! And just how you think they must talk. = )

Oh look...a squirrel!

Imzadi Dragonfly said...

I big puffy heart Marlowe! I was already in love with the series but after the interview and Q&A time on BBB I am hopelessly devoted to Sniegoski and this series.

FYI: It appears as though the only way I can say Sneigoski is with a Russian accent. Doesn't matter if it's out loud or the little voice in my head.

Vickie said...

Jenna: *grin*