Summer

31 August 2007

New Challenges Start Tomorrow!!!

Looking forward to the start of September. Lady K begins pre-K officially, we'll be able to pick two of the pumpkins from the rogue vines that decided our garden was a great place to be and two new challenges begin 1 September. Unread Authors Challenge and September is Cozy Month. I have picked Feint of Art Hailey Lind as the first cozy. She is also a new-to-me author and this is keeping with my choice of first in series from the last two challenges I was in. I will try to keep this up, but I have many cozies on Mt Git'r'Read, so will just go with the flow.

I made a list for Unread Authors Challenge and the plan is to wander B&N after I drop Lady K at school this morning. Maybe pick up one from the list. I'll visit Cynthia at High Crimes for the rest.

I should finish The Trouble With Magic Madelyn Alt this evening. I can start Feint of Art as new bedside book or bring with me as next purse book after A Secret Rage Charlaine Harris.

I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows JK Rowling last night on the way home. I am glad for it to be done and moving on. I know that is likely sacrilege to most, but know that I will listen to it again. I own them in hardback and as audio.
I started listening to Murther and Walking Spirits Robertson Davies, but even with George Guidall (who I adore) narrating, I couldn't get past the pretentiousness rearing its ugly cranium. So rewound and put in The Sugar Camp Quilt Jennifer Chiaverini, a known and well loved by me series.

No comments: