Summer

19 August 2007

Finished another purse book

I completely forgot that I finished another book, Decaffeinated Corpse Cleo Coyle, the other day. This is fifth in the Coffeehouse Mystery series and it's my favorite of the bunch (maybe klatsch??)It's good to see characters not necessarily develop but get on with their lives as each book in a series progresses the action. Cleo Coyle is a husband and wife writing team who also write under the name of Alice Kimberley, writing another favorite cozy series, Haunted Bookshop series.
I immediately began next purse book Denial Keith Ablow. I haven't read very far, but there has already been a murder, sex, and drugs and I am still in in the first chapter. Main character Dr Frank Clevenger, is flawed flawed flawed......kind of makes me like him. This is my first Keith Ablow. And I really get the feeling that it will not be my last.

3 comments:

Joy said...

"Main character Dr Frank Clevenger, is flawed flawed flawed......kind of makes me like him."

I love this line! And...it is so true sometimes.

I never heard of the Coffeehouse Mysteries. I think I'll look into those. Thanks.

Vickie said...

Joy, Coffeehouse Mystery series are cozies of a sort. She runs a coffeehouse in NYC. A little grittier than typical 'cozies', but fit the bill in that she is not a detective, rather a civilian caught up in the Nancy Drew mode and has a relationship with a cop and things just sort of happen around her and she feels compelled to sort them out. I think you would like them.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dr. Frank Clevenger is seriously flawed. Which makes his character so much more interesting, believable and "real."