Summer

13 October 2008

DRAGON'S KEEP - Janet Lee Carey, narr Bianca Amato

I put this audiobook on my wishlist with Recorded Books because I wasn't doing very much reading for the Aurthurian Challenge I joined earlier this year. I ended up liking it for more than a challenge checkmark.
The Princess Rosalind was born with a dragon's claw instead of a finger on one hand. It is a mark left because her mother, the Queen, drank a dragon's egg to make her fertile. The dragon, Lord Faul, from whom the egg was stolen takes his payment by stealing Rosalind to care for his brood.
Rosalind is to fulfill a prophecy, "She shall redeem the name Pendragon. End war with the wave of her hand. And restore the glory of Wilde Island." to bring the people of her kingdom back to the Pendragon fold, but she has always thought it a fairytale. She is learning that it could possibly be true indeed.
Rosalind finds her inner fire to stand up to all who would keep her down. She is a truly strong character to admire
Four fiery beans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The paper version is on my wish list.

Vickie said...

Jenna: It's a very good listen. It had my heart stopping at some points.