Summer

16 January 2009

UNDEAD AND UNWED - MaryJanice Davidson

Lordy! I love this series! It's like a nice smartass vampire sorbet between heavier paranormal, thriller, suspense courses.
UNDEAD AND UNWED is the first in the Queen Betsy series and I can't believe how long it took me to find this one and finally get a chance to read it! Thank goodness Our Lady of the Books had a copy and I snagged it before anyone else could. Then it became my purse book for the longest time. Now I am no longer on shift work, I couldn't get any 'me time' to sit-sip-read, dagnabbit! Finally made this one my bedside book and smoked through it in short order.

Poor Betsy, aka Elizabeth Taylor, has just lost her job, been attacked and then run over by an Aztec (the car I must avert my eyes when I see on the street). She wakes up in a cold sterile looking place and discovers she's in a funeral home ready for burial! WTH??! AND, she's shod in a pair of inferior Payless shoes and a non-quality fabric outfit! Her evil stepmother has 'splainin' to do....
Betsy hightails it out of there and finds she is attractive to all men and dogs. Her best friend is not overly dismayed to see her alive-ish and kickin'. Her mother is overjoyed, her father and stepmom go into denial when Betsy arrives to take back her high quality shoe collection that her stepmom, Ant, stole.
Betsy also learns that she might could possibly be the Queen of the Vampires. She learns this from Eric Sinclair, vampire yum supreme and his minions, Tina and Dennis. Betsy has pissed off the reigning main vampire dude, Nostro, in all his bad vampire cliche splendor. Nostro doesn't take kindly to being laughed at and ignored as Betsy quickly does.
It's a battle to the death-death....
Five smartass vampire beans.....bookmark....





10 comments:

TexasRed said...

I love this series, too!

Vickie said...

TexasRed: COOL! I can identify with Queen Betsy in pretty much all except for the vampire deal. Her love of shoes and being a smarta** and her good heart makes for excellent reading. And then there's Eric Sinclair....

Marie Cloutier said...

those books look like so much fun. i see them every time we go to my husband's favorite sci-fi bookstore.

Literary Feline said...

I just hooked a coworker on this series and she's really enjoying it so far. I'm a couple of books behind, I think, still. It's a fun series.

Desert Rose said...

I'm so planning on starting this series, just don't know when.. loved your review :)

Unknown said...

Oh my, now I don't 'do' vampires but you've convinced me!

Vickie said...

Wendy: I hope your coworker enjoys them as much as I do. I love laughing.

Marie: Do pick one up and see what you think. They are a hoot.

DeSeRtRoSe: Thank you for the compliment. Get one of the series bumped up on your TBR stack. You won't be sorry.

Vickie said...

Sarah: I hope you do give this a try. It's more than vampire and blood. It's more about Queen Betsy. She makes me snort laugh.

The Bookworm said...

i've heard good things about this one, great review ;)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Vickie said...

Thanks Naida! It's a cool series. Makes me snort laugh and that's always a plus with me.