Summer

06 January 2009

THE LAUGHTER OF DEAD KINGS - Elizabeth Peters, BOCD

I love the Vicky Bliss series by Elizabeth Peters. I know most everyone else who reads Elizabeth Peters loves the Amelia Peabody series, but I'm not really as fond of it. I do love Vicky, her boss Schmidt, Vicky's lover John Smythe..heck even Vicky's Doberman Caesar and her cat Clara.
This adventure takes place in the here and now, so there are cell phones, internet, all the modern conveniences. The author has in her prologue for the readers to just go with it. Along with the fact that Vicky and the gang really haven't aged. I don't mind.
Vicky and the gang are after the folks who have stolen the mummy of King Tutenkhamen. Off they all go to Egypt, gunshots, sword play, mystery and adventure and smartass repartee abound. My kind of read (or listen in this case)....John is once again accused of doing the stealing and Vicky wants to believe the best in her sweetie, but there's all that evidence.....
Four Egyptian mummy beans....and no bookmark since this was a listen....

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I have heard great things about this series and am glad to hear you like it. I will have to check it out one of these days. :-)