Summer

26 March 2009

ESPRESSO SHOT: A Coffeehouse Mystery - Cleo Coyle

I started reading this series because the premise of the mysteries takes place around coffee. I loved coffee, but can't drink it these days. Still love the location of the series. It's Greenwich Village in a wonderful coffeehouse called The Grind. It's managed by Clare Cosi, who has found herself in the middle of solving murders. This is #7 and the best of the Coffeehouse Mystery series yet!
Clare is busy running The Grind and prepping her part in Matteo's, her ex-husband, upcoming wedding to Breanne Summour, uber -fashion magazine beyotch. So Clare doesn't have time for the murder of the stripper who was killed in front of her or the murder of Breanne's assistant, but finds herself dragged into the melee after her ex, her current boyfriend (the cop), and her ex-mother in law all ask her to assist.
Like cozies can be, it's a predicament that people not usually known for their mystery solving prowess find themselves in. This one works rather well and I read it with what's-going-to-happen-next glee!
Five fabu cozy mystery beans.....


5 comments:

Thoughts of Joy said...

I still haven't read the first one in this series. :( Glad to see that you're still enjoying them.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

So, it's ok if I just read this one? Or would I be missing too much back story?

Vickie said...

Joy: They keep getting better, thankfully. There have been some series that falter, sadly.

Mary: I think you can read just one. I don't think there's a lot of missing front story. I read them out of order and catch up or just don't mind.

Imzadi Dragonfly said...

I haven't started reading these yet. I did loan my aunt the first two and she really enjoyed them.

Vickie said...

Jenna: I think you will like this series.