Summer

02 December 2007

Holiday Gift Suggestion for the Booklovers in Your Life

Still at a loss for what to get that lover of books in your life. Yes, there's always asking for the wishlist or getting a giftcard to B&N or Borders.
My new favorite is a subscription to my favorite little mystery bookstore, High Crimes in Boulder CO. It's a book a month for my sister and one for my dad. It worked wonderfully last year for my sister, so I renewed for her. I thought it might work well for my dad, too, so started a subscription for him. I told Cynthia what tastes my sister and dad have and what they don't like (cozies are ick to my sister and female authors are a big bleck to my dad) and she goes from there. She chooses books from the not overly read authors, ones that the giftee might not choose for themselves.
So check with your locally owned bookstore and see if they have something similar. You can always give Cynthia a jingle and she would be more than happy to hook you up.
http://www.highcrimesbooks.com/

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Cresenet:
Thank you for the post. I don't understand your language, though.