Summer

03 October 2011

September Book Journal

Not too bad this past month for reading. Might have been more, but didn't get as much reading done while on stay-cation and one of my audiobooks was 15 tapes long (but really good, so worth it)

BUTTERCREAM BUMP OFF: A Cupcake Bakery Mystery #2 - Jenn McKinlay, cozy, MPB, SO good!!

THE LOVERS: Charlie Parker #8 - John Connolly, supernatural thriller, BOCD, WOW!

REALLY UNUSUAL BAD BOYS - MaryJanice Davidson, paranormal romance, MPB, good

SMALL FAVOR: Dresden Files #10 - Jim Butcher, UF, MPB, highly excellent

DEATH SONG: Kevin Kearney Mystery - Michael McGarrity, suspense, BOCD, good

AFTER HOURS: Tales from the Ur-Bar - anthology, fantasy, MPB, good

BLOOD PRICE - Tanya Huff, UF, MPB, excellent

HEXES & HEMLINES: A Witchcraft Mystery #3 - Juliet Blackwell, paranormal mystery, MPB, super

BUTTON HOLED: A Button Box Mystery #1 - Kylie Logan, cozy, MPB, super

HARD MAGIC: Book One Paranormal Scene Investigations - Laura Anne Gilman, UF, TPB, super

THOSE ACROSS THE RIVER - Christopher Buehlman, horror, ARC from LibraryThing, so so amazing!!!

MORTAL FEAR - Greg Iles, thriller, BOCD, exhaustingly good

Books: 9
Audio: 3
Total for September: 12
Total for 2011 so far: 100

7 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Woohoo 100!!! That's amazing, Vickie. Your last book comment "exhaustingly good" made me LOL. Hope October is even better!

Thoughts of Joy said...

Congrats on the 1-0-0 reads! :)

Vickie said...

Mary: *grin* Thanks! And that last one did exhaust me, 15 tapes and never ending WTH thrills. Really good, but woof!

Joy: Thanks! I think I am ahead of last year's getting to 100.

Aurian said...

Nice list Vickie, I really want to make more time for cozies, but there are so many new books each month, or I discover great new series I then devour.
Your button doesn't say 100 yet, but congratulations on reaching your goal so soon!

Vickie said...

Aurian: The button won't post 100 until I get all of the books reviewed. I read faster than I can review. = )

I like the cozies as they are quicker reads for me and I can mow through them at a fairly quick rate.

Sherri said...

What a good list of books for you this month Vickie!! I want to read Jenn McKinlay's cozies. I've got the first one and I think the second too!

Vickie said...

Sherri: I think you will really enjoy Jenn McKinlay's series, both of them.