Summer

02 October 2011

Blooms on Sunday - 2 Oct 2011

Even though it's officially fall, there are still a few blooms left...this is the Joe Pye against the back fence valiantly making its way through the ornamental grasses in front of it

Rose Heart Althea that we were sure had given up the ghost earlier this year...apparently just biding its time


Newly planted sedums I bought yesterday at Harlequin's Gardens (http://www.harlequinsgardens.com/) in the trough we made at 'Spa Week' this summer


I yanked the copious amounts of cosmos at the side of the house and found that the roses are still blooming


Fall is a great time to dig in new plants and it's also when nurseries have some fab sales...this is a solidago we picked out at Harlequin's Gardens yesterday at their mag sale...I think I need to get back there...


The rogue blanket flower that keeps popping up in the front berm


Paprika achillea is blooming again once I did some deadheading

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Lovely, just lovely.

Vickie said...

Aurian: Thank you! I am so happy that there are still blooms in my garden. Next week I'm posting pics from the Denver Botanic Garden. It was a lovely day yesterday meandering there with my dad.