Summer

30 May 2010

Blooms on Sunday - 30 May 2010

A lot of the garden is in bloom this week thanks to some wonderful sunshine and good amounts of moistureThis is one of my growing collection of iceplants (delosperma). It's a lovely and tough little succulent I fell in love with in California where it covers a lot of the dunes along the Central Coast
This is one of our 'rescue' Aguilegia. We go to the sale rack at the back of the Lowe's nursery and rescue plants...I think this one cost a penny when we found it a few years ago with one little stem and a couple of leaves...

One of my beloved achilleas or yarrow. This one is 'Paprika'

One of the sunny California Poppy plants that started from seed that I tossed into the berm this spring during a snow




Snow is Summer....I love this nice little slow spreading ground cover

6 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Love your flowering plants pics :) Hope you're enjoying a nice holiday weekend.

Vickie said...

Mary: Thank you. I love this time of year with all the blooms and greening up.
The weekend has been busy, but fun. Hope you are having a fun one,too.

WonderBunny said...

Awesome! I can't have an outdoor garden because I live in an apartment but one of my indoor cactus plants has been blooming for the last three weeks.

Vickie said...

WonderBunny: I have had cactus and succulents forever, especially when I lived in dorms and apartments. We planted these last summer, our first try at outdoor cactus. We planted five and three made it through the winter. So we will plant more of the ones that are sturdier like the little gem in the pic.

Sherri said...

Nice plants Vickie! The rescued columbine looks wonderful in your garden. I'm glad it was rescued by you! Have a good one!

Vickie said...

Sherri: Thank you! I love my rescue plants. Most of my garden is rescued from the sale racks.