Summer

16 May 2010

Birds and Blooms Sunday

One of my collection of heuchera...I love my coral bells...
Fremont clematis that Dad gave me a couple of years ago....it gets more gorgeous each year

Jupiter's Beard...this is a throw from the main plant in the back garden..this is one of my many xeric plants

Bachelor's Button...another throw from the main plant in the back garden..this is a sturdy guy

Lady K and I went for a walk this afternoon...our neighborhood lake has some neat birdlife..here's Mom and Dad Goose with the bitty goslings
Trying to figure this one...this bird type has been at the lake each spring...has a great voice

I wish I had a better zoom lens so you could see this gorgeous duck..a light brown body, dark brown head and a sky blue bill

I want to say this is a coot sitting on her nest...she kept a careful eye on us while I took pictures

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Vickie, love the flower pics and the pics of the lake and birds!! Thanks for sharing!

Vickie said...

Sherri: Thank you!