Summer

07 August 2011

Blooms on Sunday - 7 Aug 2011

If you play a little 'Where's Waldo', see if you can find the wee finch having a Saturday night dinner among the sunflowers (you can click on the image and enlarge it...the finch is on top of a sunflower towards the bottom left of the photo)


I love this plant even though I cannot remember the name...my dad made the concrete pot it's in...


The echinacea is blooming like crazy this year



I didn't think this hummingbird vine would do much this year, then it started taking off the hotter the temps got



The clematis keeps on blooming...



The hibiscus is in full bloom!!! I want a blouse in this color!

3 comments:

Aurian said...

Beautiful flowers again Vicky! My own passion flower is blooming, one bloom blossoms for two days, then a day nothing, and then the next one opens.

Imzadi Dragonfly said...

They're so beautiful. I’m particularly fond of vine/climbing flowers so the clematis is a favorite of mine. However the hibiscus is a stunner.

Vickie said...

Aurian: I have a passion flower, but it's not doing as well as it could. The foliage is lovely, so we will keep it going.

Jenna: I like vines, too. We have several different types along one of the back fences, Dutchman's Pipe, Chocolate Vine, raspberries, blackberries and one other I can't think of the name right now. I don't look forward to when we have to replace the fence and have to take them all down.....until then, we will enjoy.