Summer

05 February 2010

Lori Armstrong Book Signing Pics

This is Lori Armstrong, signing my copy of BLOOD TIES, the first in her Julie Collins thriller mystery series...this also nicely shows a good (albeit upside) view of NO MERCY, Lori's first book in her new Mercy Gunderson thriller series.
She gave a super talk about where she lives (in Rapid City, South Dakota), why she lives there (she likes it), the writing process ( she needs to be on her computer that has only a word processing, no internet distractions), the research process and how she is not a gun expert, nor a very good shot even if the family business is the firearms industry.
She also writes under the pen name of Lorelai James. She writes erotic love stories set in the Wild West. Schnikees dudettes! Go to her site if only for the hot patootie eye candy! I mean WUH-HOOF!

And hey! I got to meet one of my absolute favorite bloggers, Becky, of No More Grumpy Bookseller !! I've been following her for a while now and was so glad to see her at the book signing. Bless her, she let me babble happily along, agreed to a picture for blogger posterity, and stood outside in the chill to chat some more. It's excellent meeting a fellow bookaholic with highly similar taste in reading material.
Thank you, Cynthia of High Crimes, for hosting Lori for Wed night's fun and thank you to Oriental & Navajo Rug Company for the space for Cynthia to use for her book signings. Very much going back there with DH. He's going to love it.




3 comments:

Becky LeJeune said...

Can't wait to see who's coming next. I might just have to go to CJ Box when he comes as well.

Vickie said...

Becky: I'll definitely go to see him, so I can get a book signed for my dad at least. Now I can find the place, I can go to more signings. *grin*

Bonnie said...

I love book signings and being able to meet favorite authors and blogger friends is the best! I just met a blogger friend at a book signing also and it was so nice. Glad to hear that you had a nice time, great pictures!!