Summer

27 December 2009

SILENT NIGHT, HAUNTED NIGHT - Terri Garey

From the back of the book: All I haunt for Christmas is you....
Joe Bascombe is no stranger to desire, but when a sexy spirit begins haunting his dreams, he find himself ensnared by dark passions. What he doesn't realize is that the devious demon and her two sisters, otherwise know as the Three Fates, are out to teach the woman he loves a lesson..
Unwilling psychic Nicki Styx survived a near-death experience to find herself abel to see and hear the dead, but she only has eyes for Joe. Together they've conquered evil spirits, saved lost souls, and beaten back the Devil himself, but they're about to learn that there are more things in Heaven and Hell than they ever imagined. As far as Nicki is concerned, Joe is the man of her dreams, but now they're at the mercy of the creature who's invaded his.
It'll be a Christmas to remember...and it could be Joe and Nicki's last.
**********************
Lately I haven't been starting a new to me series in the middle, but I wanted to read a good holiday paranormal read. I've heard really good things about this one and the first in the series is on the WWBL anyway, so gave it a go...and glad I am I did.
I would have passed this book right on by as I sometimes do judge a book by its cover and the cover is deceiving as the book is not about a bare-chested hottie, rather about Nicki Styx and her hottie (possibly sometimes bare-chested) beau, Dr Joe Bascombe.
The story is well told, the reader doesn't need to read the series in order to know the characters, I felt like I got to know them fairly quickly. Nicki is going through some issues due to the appearance of the three evil chickies that feel like playing havoc in her life.
I feel for Nicki since she's trying to deal with the evil broads and trying to get Joe to understand what they are trying to do to the two of them and their relationship.
It definitely makes me want to go get the first in the series, DEAD GIRLS ARE EASY, at the soonest opportunity.
Five uber haunted beans....

No comments: