Summer

09 November 2009

Books in the House Monday


So...I made a little visit to Orchard Bookstore Sunday afternoon after seeing the movie Astro Boy at the show with Lady K (good flick BTW). I had a box of trade ins and I looked around while they perused my offerings. They took them all and I found four for my shelves and one for my sister and two for Lady K. Lady K's picks were Christmas in style, one is for Christmas crafts which will be fun to do together.
My picks are:
CARPE CORPUS - Rachel Caine, book 6 Morganville Vampires
FADE OUT - Rachel Caine, book 7 Morganville Vampires
SMALL FAVOR - Jim Butcher, book 10 Dresden Files
BLOOD RETRIBUTION - David and Aimee Thurlo, book 2 Lee Nez series
And I picked up
GARDEN SPELLS - Sarah Addison Allen for my sister
What made it into your house?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Orchard Bookstore sounds like a good one. Glad they took all your books!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Looking at the picture - I'd love a revolving book stack!

I liked Garden Spells. Hope your sis does too.

Is your snow gone?

Vickie said...

Sherri: It's a wonderful used bookstore that carries some new books, too. It is a combination of the one I used to go to near the house at Safeway shopping center and a small one in the Orchard Center until a few months ago. They closed both of those two and combined it into a HUGE place that's a lot more convenient. Still in the same Orchard shopping center, but in a bigger space.

Mary: I would love love love having a revolving bookcase like the one in the picture.
I loved GARDEN SPELLS, too. It's on my keeper shelf and I want my sister to read it and SUGAR QUEEN.
Snow is gone for now. It's been in the 60s and 70s the last week.