Summer

05 December 2008

SEX: A MYSTERY - Fiona Quirina



I found this book while adding to my A-Z Challenge stack. It was amazingly difficult to find a Q author of a book I'd be interested in reading. I'm sure I will find plenty now, of course....

I expected to only tolerate reading this one, skimming if I needed to. I read every word.


From the B&N synopsis:

But in the therapy biz, she's what's called a "sex surrogate." It's a job Lydia fell into after her recent position as Senior Vice President of a major conglomerate came to a resounding finale when she blew the whistle on some seriously unethical business practices. At least Lydia is able to meet the rent on her Fifth Avenue duplex, keep her closet full of designer clothes, and support the homeless ministry of her roommate. Until one of her favorite clients is stabbed in the back with an ice pick in her very own bed. Now, Lydia finds herself the prime suspect, and-to clear her name-she must step into what is probably the world's second oldest profession: detective.


I absolutely flew through this book! Lydia Quess is a great character! I had absolutely no idea 'whodunnit' and it made sense when all was revealed. I loved watching Lydia work on her own to solve the crime and work with other characters. She had a great sense of self assurance and it seemed to emanate to everyone around her willing to accept her for who she was and what she did for a living.


Fiona Quirina is a wonderfully talented, funny, bright author! I was sad to find that this is the only book she's written under this name. I will be going to her website to find the rest of her books. She's written four mysteries and three medical thrillers! I am going to look up her website: lydiaquess.com


Four sexy beans.....

4 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Hmm, sounds intriguing. . .

Vickie said...

Mary: It is a very intriguing premise. I really hesitated and not sure if I'd have put in my stack at the BookKeeper if not for Joy's A-Z Challenge and I really needed a Q author. So glad I found it and read it.

Kristie said...

Sounds like something I would enjoy. Great review!

Let us know if you read anything else by her and if they are just as good!

Vickie said...

Kristie: Thanks! I have been searching for more of her work, but can't find her website that she listed in the book. I'll keep looking, because this was a highly enjoyable book!