Summer

27 December 2008

INDIGO DYING: A China Bayles Mystery - Susan Wittig Albert

Really having a banner five bean book reading time of it lately. Susan Wittig Albert is always a win and INDIGO DYING is now my most favorite of the China Bayles series. I keep her books on my shelf as a treasured sweet. Along with a fab mystery to enjoy, I learn something new in herbal lore.
This weekend is the Colors to Dye For workshop and art fair in Indigo. China and her friend Ruby will be staying with their friend, Allie, who raises angora goats, cards and spins her own wool and then dyes and creates weavings.
China and Ruby are on their way to the small (read VERY small) town of Indigo where Allie lives. It was once a ghost town that is being brought back to life with a passionate cadre of artists.
There is one person standing in the way of the thriving of the town, Casey Ford. He has lived in (and owns most of) the town forever and has decided to sell his mining rights. Once he signs the rights, the town will be plowed under. Casey hasn't made any friends in the past and definitely hasn't with this bombshell. When Casey winds up dead from a shotgun blast and no one is coming forward to help find the killer. China and Ruby take on the task and find the town full of dark secrets.

Five indigo blue beans......




And the bookmark.....

6 comments:

Sherri said...

Hi Vickie! I read Indigo Dying too and I really liked it. I thought it was one of my favs too!

Vickie said...

Sherri: This is such a good series. I don't remember who turned me onto it, but I thank them. MISTLETOE MAN was my first and it was for a holiday read a couple of years ago. So glad the rest of the series is as fab.

Literary Feline said...

Another must read book! You're really bad for my TBR pile. :-)

Vickie said...

LiteraryFeline: = ) Glad I can be so helpful.

SuziQoregon said...

I haven't gotten to this one yet, but I've enjoyed the series so far. I've read the first 5 and hope to get to Love Lies Bleeding soon.

Vickie said...

SuziQ: This is one of my most favorite series. She never disappoints. I haven't read them in order, but I know I haven't read LOVE LIES BLEEDING yet. I need to make a list someday and see what I have been missing.