Summer

08 May 2008

TRIPTYCH - Karin Slaughter

It's time for another break...from the very fiercely astounding written words of Karin Slaughter in TRIPTYCH. Slaughter writes with such intensity it draws the reader in and does not let go. I get so caught up in the thriller that it affects my dreams. Not many books do that...Karin Slaughter's books do. This is why I take long breaks, sometimes months long, between each of her books.
This one was the most intense yet. It was like peeling an onion....a really gut-wrenchingly strong emotion yanking onion....as each piece of the thriller was released. It was tension at its best.

This one gets five beans.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Glad you liked it, but YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Whoa - you're post left me stunned, but not enough to add this to my reading list.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

5 beans! That's high praise from you, Vickie! Glad you liked the book.

Vickie said...

Joy: Yikes indeed.

J Kaye: If you like The Dollmaker, you would like this one. It's more psychologically yanking.

Mary: I really liked it. I sat up last night to finish it.