Summer

10 September 2007

Finishing Books

I finished The Sugar Camp Quilt Jennifer Chiaverini, BOT, yesterday on the way home from work. This is my favorite of hers, so far. It does take place in Elm Creek, but is not part of the series. It is a wonderful story and I highly recommend it. Takes place pre-Civil War and deals with both sides of the coin and is a splendid study in human kindness, bravery, cowardice, and stupidity and lack of depth of soul. I wanted to reach inside the cassette player and alternately hug and slap different characters.

I finished another gut wrencher today. One of my purse books, A Secret Rage Charlaine Harris, was very hard to pick up and very hard to put down. I am most fond of her Southern Vampire series, then her Shakespeare series. Next in line is the Grave series. Charlaine is a prolific and varied author. I wasn't sure I would like her stand alone novels, but I was pleased (if that is a correct term) to find that they are equally attention grabbing.

No comments: