Summer

26 July 2007

A Book Lover's Dream Volunteer Job

Well, at least this book lover....I went to The BookKeeper to see what from my list I could find. I found four:
Shadow Man - Cody McFadyen as highly recommended by my buddy Joy
Dead Guilty - Beverly Connor, one of my new favorite authors, number 2 in Diane Fallon Forensic anthropologist series
The Givenchy Code - Julie Kenner, she of the Demon Hunting Soccer Mom fame
The Delilah Complex - M J Rose, second in the Butterfield Institute series, now have all three

I also found out that I can volunteer at the BookKeeper to shelve books and they will pay me in books. $12 in books for each hour I work. Woo-Hoo!!! I am there, next break.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky!!!! I wish there was someplace around here that did that.

Joy said...

Wow! Happy Shelving! :)

I can't wait for you to read Shadow Man.

Vickie said...

Alita: I KNOW!! I was beyond thrilled when I saw that sign in the window and then the clerk told me that I could show up anytime I felt like it when they were open and just sign in and start shelving.

Joy: I am pretty sure Shadow Man is my next book.

Anonymous said...

If have this secret dream that when I win the lottery (ha ha) I want to open a dot.com business along the lines of www.booksfree.com. Also I'd love to own a bookstore. A girl can dream, can't she?

Vickie said...

Alita: Yes a girl can dream! I want to own a bookstore/coffee shop like Cyrano's up in Alaska. Little bit of local artists' jewelry to showcase and sell, a lot of books, used and new, and foo-foo coffee.