Summer

26 July 2011

FUNDRAISING THE DEAD: A Museum Mystery - Sheila Connolly

From the back of the book: At the Pennsylvania Antiquarian Society, fundraiser Eleanor "Nell" Pratt solicits donations---and sometimes solves crimes. After all, murder is not good for public relations....


At the museum, a few missing documents could be a major embarrassment. When a collection of George Washington's letters is lost on the day of the Society's grand gala, heads will certainly roll....but no one expects an archivist to be found dead.


Fundraiser Nell Pratt is frustrated when the Society president---whom she also happens to be dating----doesn't seem to be pushing for an investigation. And when Nell goes digging for answers herself, she just may uncover a long, rich history of crime.....

****************************

http://iyamvixenbooks.blogspot.com/2010/11/one-bad-apple-orchard-mystery-1-sheila.html is my review of the first book in Sheila's Orchard Mystery series. I really liked ONE BAD APPLE, one bean more than FUNDRAISING THE DEAD. Not sure what magic was missing for me, but I do believe I will try the next one, LET'S PLAY DEAD, just to make sure.

I hope to connect better with Nell and her friends and coworkers. I do like the premise. I love learning new things and I know I learn something new no matter what I read. Getting to know some background on fundraising and artifacts from back in the day made the pages turn even if the mystery was sort of solved (for me) halfway or so through.


Four second time will be the charm beans......


2 comments:

Aurian said...

Hmm very unusual for you not to love a book at once. So I am curious to find out your final decision about this series.

Vickie said...

Aurian: I have my moments of 'ehhh' books, but like enough to finish. The follow up books are fine as a rule.

If I really don't like a book, I don't finish it. Life is too short to read bad books.