Summer

28 July 2011

DARKEST EDGE OF DAWN: Charlie Madigan Book Two - Kelly Gay


From the back of the book: It takes a strong woman to keep the peace in a city of endless night....


Deep beneath Underground, a cunning bid for power and revenge has begun---one that threatens to make Atlanta the new battleground in the ultimate confrontation between good and evil. The posers of hellish Charbydon have the upper hand after plunging the city into primordial night. And under the cover of darkness, a serial killer targets the most powerful Elysians in the city, the angelic Adonai. For Detective Charlie madigan and her siren partner Hank, tracking deadly predators is all in a day's work.....but this case will test the limits of their strength and friendship as it draws them into a deadly world of power plays, ancient myths, explosive secrets, and a race against time that risks all that Charlie holds dear.

*******************************

I admire Charlie Madigan. Career women with a family is hard enought, but Charlie is a single mother with a tough job as an Atlanta Police Homicide Detective. This in a world that has humans and beings from the worlds of Charbydon and Elysian. All living in a city that is in full on darkness. Charlie is smart and has the best stubborn desire to make everything right.


This is urban fantasy at its finest, with fab world building of above and below ground Atlanta, believable creatures and beings, good and evil and all that falls in between.

I absolutely loved the first in the series, THE BETTER PART OF DARKNESS, http://iyamvixenbooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/better-part-of-darkness-kelly-gay.html

and cannot wait to read THE HOUR OF DUST AND ASHES that comes out on 30 Aug 2011. My copy is pre-ordered!


Five sparkly UF at its finest diamonds......


5 comments:

Aurian said...

Sounds like a great new series Vicky, I haven't heard of it before.

Vickie said...

Aurian: It's a good one.

Jen (@ Jens Book Closet) said...

Oooo, I've never heard of this series, but it sounds so good. I like the cover too. I have girl power issues though. Not issues with them having it, I think they need more! Great review, Vickie. I'll have to pick this one up!

Jen
In the Closet With a Bibliophile

Vickie said...

Jen: I am with you on the girl power. They do need more. No worries with Charlie Madigan. She rocks the power.
Hope you enjoy the series, too.

Imzadi Dragonfly said...

I think this will be the one I read after DOWNPOUR.

BTW, I'm loving WICKED GAME.