Summer

09 July 2010

THE ALEXANDER CIPHER: Daniel Knox Book One - Will Adams

From the back of the book: Egyptologist Daniel Knox's lifelong fascination with Alexander the Great and his tomb, a fabled wonder of the ancient world, cold be the death of him. After construction workers excavating in Alexandria expose an ancient catacomb, Knox eagerly sneaks into the site. Among the relics, he finds clues that may solve one of the world's greatest mysteries: the last resting place of Alexander the Great.
An unconquerable warrior king, Alexander was the single most powerful man on the planet and thought to be a god. Now, nearly 2500 years later, the discovery of his tomb is within reach, triggering a deadly hunt for one of the most spectacular treasures of all time. But Knox is not the only seeker; others are after the prize, and they will kill to win it...
***************************
Whew! I now want to become an archaeologist and dig in the dirt and learn more about Alexander the Great...
There was a lot of backstory that I hope will be covered in the future books of this series. The explanations of Alexander and his demise were interspersed with a whole lot of action and people getting whacked and drugged and kidnapped while searching for the final resting place of Alexander. A good mixture for me to get me back in the thriller mode that I've been neglecting for, lo, these many months.
I could compare the style to a Dirk Pitt novel, but Daniel Knox actually feels pain and takes a while to get up from getting beat up. I've never had the feeling that Dirk ever really feels pain, but that's okay. I read the Dirk Pitt books for other reasons, mainly because I picture Matthew McConaghey as I read them thanks to the movie Sahara. Still working on who I cast as Daniel Knox....
Four treasure trove beans.....

No comments: