Summer

27 July 2009

Finders Keepers Monday

So much for my book buying hiatus....Lady K and I went to the movies on Saturday to see G-Force, very cute and fun. Afterwards we did the usual trip to the ice cream shop for Lady K to get her raspberry sorbet on and I decided it behooved me to meander to Orchard Books to see what kind of gently used books might be on the shelves. They are in the middle of moving to new digs in the Orchard Center, so I didn't find much, but I did find TO HELL AND BACK - Lilith Saintcrow, #5 in her Dante Valentine series and CROUCHING VAMPIRE, HIDDEN FANG - Katie MacAlister, #7 in The Dark Ones series.
My dad left one more book for me. He finished it the morning he left last Monday. HELL'S BAY - James W Hall is part of the Thorn Mysteries and Dad said it's superb. Can't wait.
I was happy to see the rest of my July order from High Crimes Mystery Bookshop arrive on Friday. I can't wait to get to THE HARROWING - Alexandra Sokoloff. This one was recommended by Becky at No More Grumpy Bookseller. Ahhhhh...now to have some more reading time.....










4 comments:

Becky LeJeune said...

Good luck getting back to that book buying hiatus -- only way I'm keeping to it at the moment is that I don't have any new releases I'm desperate for (that I don't already have).

Have fun with Lilith Saintcrow's last Dante Valentine book and The Harrowing.

I'm posting tomorrow about Chris Ransom's debut. One more book to add to your list -- and he's from CO (at some point in his background) and is doing a signing at BBS next month.

Vickie said...

Becky: I am still on the hunt for the first in the Dante Valentine series. One day...this is one that I think I should start at the beginning.
You are a book temptress, chickie!

Becky LeJeune said...

Definitely start at the beginning with Dante Valentine. I'm about to start my sister on these -- she loved Strange Angels, her new teen title, as much as I did. So I'm thinking Dante Valentine and Jill Kismet are on the list for her as well.

Vickie said...

Becky, thanks for confirming my thoughts on Dante Valentine series. I tried to read DEVIL'S RIGHT HAND a while back and got lost almost immediately. So to the beginning I go...