Check out this challenge! It's at MyFriendAmy' blog and it challenges us to get a nonreader to read and us already readers to read more! Here are Amy's ROE!
It's called the Read One Book Challenge.
Here are the rules.
1) Read one book you have never read before by December 31st, 2008.
2) This book must not be a children's book that you are reading to your kids. It must be a book for you.
3) This book may not be part of work related research. This book is for you.
4) It can be fiction or nonfiction.
5) Please leave a comment telling me you're joining in and write a post linking back to this post to invite others to join in as well (if you have a blog, if not just leave a comment!).
6) For bonus points, spend an evening at a Barnes and Noble, Borders, or local independent bookshop browsing through books. (apparently there's a huge percentage of people who don't go to bookstores, either)
7) When you've completed your book write a post about it and I'll link to it here!
If you are like Amy and read 2-4 books a week, please still join in though you'll probably complete the challenge a lot faster than others. One ten dollar Amazon gift card will be awarded through random drawing to a person who signs up and completes the challenge on time.
So get thee over and sign up!!