Summer

10 February 2008

CITY OF MASKS - Daniel Hecht

CITY OF MASKS....A disturbing, dark, great paranormal character study. There were so many things going on in this dense, dank, murky book. And I do not mean any of this in a bad way. I highly recommend this book to all who love a good ghost story with a strong dose of deception and decay.
Even though the cover states that it is "A Cree Black Novel", Daniel Hecht does share the wealth of story telling with all of the characters, good, bad, and shades in between.
My least favorite was Charmian. She valued her position in society above all else, even her daughter's mental health.


My most favorite character, besides Cree, was Lila. Bless her, she was the bravest of all of them. Terrified and she still needed to confront her ghosts, literally.
A second favorite character is Joyce. Just love her balance of humor and love for Cree and Ed.

I cannot wait to read the next Cree Black Novel and see who all we meet, alive and ghost alike.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Changing the subject here. Is TELL NO ONE Coben's new one?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add, I haven't read any others since THE WOODS. This is getting ready to change!

Vickie said...

J Kaye: TELL NO ONE is his third stand alone novel. This will be my second Coben, though I have quite a few on Mt Git'r'Read. I want to get back to Myron Bolitar, but wanted to see what a non-Myron was like.