Summer

10 September 2010

CHANGES: Dresden Files #12 - Jim Butcher, narr James Marsters

From the back of the BOCD: Long ago, Susan Rodriguez was Harry Dresden's lover---until she was attacked by his enemies, leaving her torn between her humanity and the bloodlust of the vampiric Red Court. Susan then disappeared to South America, where she could fight both her savage gift and those who cursed her with it.
Now Arianna Ortega, Duchess of the Red Court, has discovered a secret Susan has long kept, and she plans to use it---against Harry. To prevail this time, he may have no choice but to embrace the raging fury of his own untapped dark power. Because Harry's not fighting to save the world...
He's fighting to save his child.
*****************************************
Holey crappe Mr Butcher! What the hell!? Cliffhanger much? Now I have to wait for next year before GHOST STORY comes out...AGHHH!!!! This was a superb book, especially to listen to on my commute.
Harry Dresden dives into the fray with Susan, half vampire and Dresden's former lover. She is dead set to fight the Red Court, a powerful contingent of vampires. They have taken a child to use as a blood sacrifice. This child is Susan and Harry's daughter, a daughter Harry didn't know he had. Susan has been keeping her a secret to keep her safe, but now she needs Harry's help to get their daughter back.
They gather a motley team of an archangel, Dresden's protege Mollie, Dresden's best friend Murphy, and his half-brother Thomas and gather the clues necessary to fight the fight to get Maggie back. Clues gathered, they head to Chichen Itza and throwdown with a gazillion vampires and their minions.
I am looking forward to reading more of the series. I haven't been reading them in any kind of order and I don't think I'm missing out on much. I got caught up on anything I thought necessary during the course of this book.
And I reiterate.....WHAT THE HELL Mr Butcher?! What a hellah cliffhanger!
Five big ol' sparkly diamonds for CHANGES.......and a bowl of sparkly diamonds for James Marsters....well, because he's James Marsters and I luh-huv him...and this is my blog so if I want to give a bowl of diamonds rating....




No comments: