Summer

26 October 2009

THE HARROWING - Alexandra Sokoloff

From the back of the book: Baird College's Mendenhall echoes with the footsteps of students heading home for Thanksgiving break and Robin Stone, who won't be going home, swears she can feel the creepy, hundred-year-old residence hall breathe a sigh of relief for its long-awaited solitude. As a massive storm approaches, four other lonely students reveal themselves to Robin: Patrick, a handsome jock; Lisa, a manipulative tease; Cain, a brooding musician; and Martin, a scholarly eccentric. Each has forsaken a long weekend at home for their own secret reasons.
The five unlikely companions establish a tentative rapport, but they soon become aware of another presence disturbing the building's ominous silence. Are they the victims of an elaborate prank, or is the energy evidence of something genuine--something intent on using them for its own terrifying ends? Together they'll face three long days and dark nights before the world returns to find out what's become of five students nobody wants and one will miss....
*********************************
October is my month for trying to read horror and paranormal only. This is the first (and maybe only) for the month. I am glad I read this as my purse book as I know I'd have had wild-ass dreams of the extremely scary kind. I enjoy the horror novels that lets me use my imagination and not have everything spelled out in big bloody letters. That's what makes the movie Psycho remain the flick that keeps my shower curtain open after watching it every time.
Alexandra Sokoloff writes a genuinely creep me the hell out book and I can't wait to read more!
Four scare the piss out of you beans.....

No comments: