Summer

24 June 2008

THE QUILTER'S HOMECOMING - Jennifer Chiaverini, BOCD, narr Christina Moore

This was probably not my favorite of the Elm Creek Quilt series. I found myself skimming at times and that's not something I typically do with Chiaverini stories. I did listen to it and finish it, but did skip passages that weren't ringing true to me.
I listen to this series as a mellow interlude between thrillers, suspense, paranormal, any of the mysteries I read and listen to on a regular basis. Women's lit I guess you'd call this style. Gentle, warm, something bad happens, then something good. And they make me want to learn to quilt.
This episode takes place in the past and only partially in Elm Creek, PA. A young couple make their way to California to take possession of a ranch and it is not to be. They make the best of the situation, one graciously and with hope for the future and one with a dismayed outlook. If you've read the series, you know it mostly comes out alright in the end.
3 beans



No comments: