Summer

27 June 2008

AGATHA RAISIN AND THE FAIRIES OF FRYFAM - M C Beaton

I love the two series by M C Beaton that I know about. I started with Hamish MacBeth and fell in love with that redheaded Scottish copper. Then I decided to try the Agatha Raisin series when I joined Joy's First In Series Challenge.
So glad I gave ol' Agatha a try. She's blunt, means well, wants to be Miss Marple, but is too rough around the edges to be quite as sweet. Agatha is shrewd-ish. She is a sharp business woman, but wants to mellow out her personality. Or she thinks she does. She seems to be slowly softening her edges, but still a wee bit bossy. And gets her feelings hurt, so she does care.
This cozy takes place in her vacation rental in the village of Fryfam. She is nursing a broken heart and wants to try her hand at a murder mystery.
This one has the right ingredients, the manor folk, the village pub, the hottie lady publican, the gents who hang at the pub, their unhappy wives, murder....it's all makes for a good cozy read. More Aggie, I mean Agatha, please!
Four beans!

No comments: