Summer

08 May 2011

Blooms on Sunday - Mother's Day

Bearded iris a friend gave me several years ago...it's gone nuts from one rhizome my neighbor gave me five years ago. I'll have to take a picture of the whole group
If you look closely towards the bottom of the cherry tree blooms, you'll see one of the bees happily going about its business



The Frontier Clematis is supremely happy now


One of our salvias from the 'rescue plant' shelves at Lowes. I can't seem to get enough of salvias



A 'wild' columbine. It reseeded itself in this corner by the front porch and seems to be pretty content to stay and bloom. I love this color.

4 comments:

Aurian said...

Ooo that last one, what a gorgeous flower! Can you buy plants like that in a gardenshop? (tuincentrum)

Vickie said...

The columbine can definitely be purchased in a garden shop. We get them and they seem to reseed themselves, which is a bonus. I love them, a lot of different colors.

Imzadi Dragonfly said...

Oh I just love the clematis and the columbine. I'm not much of a gardener but photos like this make me wish I were.

Vickie said...

Jenna: Thank you. I love what can come out of the dirt and we plant what we hope will work. It's not very organized, but we like it.