Summer

02 November 2010

WAIT TIL YOUR VAMPIRE GETS HOME - Michele Bardsley

From the back of the book: It's one thing to date a single father with emotional baggage....but quite another to date one who's dead.
It's only because of my work as a paranormal investigator that I, Libby Monroe, end up in a town like Broken Heart, Oklahoma, chasing down bizarre rumors of strange goings-on----and finding vampires, lycanthropes, and zombies. Oh, my!
I never expected to fall in lust, but sexy vampire Ralph Genessa is too irresistible. The fact that he's the loving father of twin boys drives the nail into my coffin and wins my undying love. And you know what they say: Home is where the heart is. Only this town is being torn in two by a war between the undead, and I may be the oly thing that can hold Broken Heart together.
******************************************
I don't typically dig on paranormal romance, but I do love this series. I've reviewed two of the three of the series, BECAUSE YOUR VAMPIRE SAID SO and OVER MY DEAD BODY. (my reviews) Michele had me at I'M THE VAMPIRE THAT'S WHY. Excellent premise of a little town in Oklahoma being taken over by supernatural beings for a place to call their own, the shenanigans, some kickass fighting to keep the town and the hot monkey love. It's all tied up in a witty paranormal package that keeps me reading more when other paranormal romance books don't do nearly as much for me since they don't make me laugh like Michele's characters do.
Libby Monroe stumbles into Broken Heart while on the hunt for paranormal beings. This has been her life's work having been raised in the atmosphere with her parents. She immediately meets vampires and werewolves and dragons and gets told by Queen Patsy that she will not be allowed to leave Broken Heart, she knows too much.
It's a lot funnier than my review can let on, but I don't want to give anything away. There are some yummy love scenes, dragonfire, vampire schtuff....all good fun.
I found a neat tidbit in the pages, too. Libby is looking for something to read on Ralph's (her honey-vamp) shelves of books and finds the fab GRAVEDIGGERS WANTED: NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY - Jeff Strand (my review in the link). I read this superbly funny thriller in June 2009 on the recommendation of J A Konrath and after reading an interview Konrath did with his buddy Jeff. Michele notes this in the afterward and I became an even bigger fan.
Five it's funny in Oklahoma beans.......

No comments: