Summer

19 February 2008

THE NyMPHOS OF ROCKY FLATS - Mario Acevedo


Oooooo-kay! What an interesting romp in the rack. Very irreverant and funny and twisty turny vampire novel. I bought it because of the title and subject matter (the vampires, NOT the nymphos!) and I was happily pleased with the whole read. Well, had some ick issues with the pouring of blood over perfectly yum Mexican food or whatever else they were crunching on. Gah!
The story starts with how Felix goes to Iraq a soldier and comes back a vampire. He is hired as a private investigator to find out why the women at Rocky Flats Nuclear Arsenal are turning into nymphos....nice gig, I reckon.....The story takes place in Denver, so I had fun with the locales.
Looking forward to the rest of the series, if only for the titles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for you to post about this one. I was curious about what you thought. :) I had no idea it was a series though. I love the title and cover - great review!

Vickie said...

J Kaye: Oh yeah! Love the titles! X-RATED BLOODSUCKERS and THE UNDEAD KAMA SUTRA. All vampire books with Felix Gomez as the main character.