Summer

07 February 2009

THE WITCH'S GRAVE: An Ophelia and Abbey Mystery - Shirley Damsgaard

I really enjoy reading this series. I love watching Abbey guide her granddaughter, Ophelia, in her growing abilities as a witch. I like reading the interactions betweent the two, the easy camaraderie as friends and grandmother and granddaughter, as wise teaching the young.
Ophelia meets a highly intriguing man at a local vineyard. They take a stroll and the man is shot as he is about to kiss Ophelia. Who was the intended target, the man or Ophelia? Ophelia takes it upon herself, against the sheriff's and all of her friends' request otherwise, to look into the mystery.
I'd say more, but it would give away the storyline, I think. Suffice to say, it's a really good read and I look forward to the next in the series.
I won this book...I know I posted about that already, I just like seeing that phrase. It will be on my keeper shelf of signed books.

Four magical beans....and the signed by the author bookmark.....

2 comments:

Desert Rose said...

Sounds like an interesting series.. I've had it on my tbr for a while.. wonder when I'll get to it :)

Great review!!

Vickie said...

DeSeRtRoSe: Thank you. It's a mellow paranormal series, so it's good between heavier reads. I like reading my cozies when I want something quick, like the end of the month and I want to get just one more book for my journal that month. = )