Summer

18 February 2009

TV meme...jumping on the bandwagon...

This little meme has been seen in various blogs I peruse, so I thought I'd jump on and air my TV watching habits (because you know it's just damned fascinatin'):

1. Name a TV show series in which you have seen every episode at least twice: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Bones, Eureka




2. Name a show you can’t miss: Bones and NCIS




3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to watch a show: No one actor comes to mind, but I will watch anything that Joss Whedon does


4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to watch a show: The guy who played George Costanza on Seinfeld..that’s how much I dislike him, I won’t even look up his name..but I weirdly know his character name…
5. Name a show you can, and do, quote from: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Friends,
6. Name a show you like that no one else enjoys: I like a lot of Sci-Fi Channel shows that not many other people dig.





7. Name a TV show which you’ve been known to sing the theme song: I could hum some, not really words to any shows I watch these days…



8. Name a show you would recommend everyone to watch: NCIS (good lord, action, cool dialogue and Mark Harmon??)



9. Name a TV series you own:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer(boxed set babee),

Angel (season 1&2),
Bones (all so far),

Mork and Mindy(1st season),

Gilmore Girls (season 1&2),

Firefly (all),

X-Files (bits&pieces),

Adventures of Brisco County Jr(all),



Joan of Arcadia (all),

Eureka(all so far),

Supernatural (DH’s season 1&2),

MacGuyver (DH’s boxed set I got him for Christmas)

10. Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium, but has surprised you with his/her acting choices in television: ummmm....what? I can't think of anyone.

11. What is your favourite episode of your favourite series? The vampire one from X-Files, the Friends where everyone found out about Monica and Chandler, any of the Spike and Buffy hookin’ up episodes,

12. Name a show you keep meaning to watch, but you just haven’t gotten around to yet: Sanctuary! It’s on Friday nights and I just keep missing it!

13. Ever quit watching a show because it was so bad? ‘Lost’ comes to mind…. CSI just got rather dull for me….

14. Name a show that’s made you cry multiple times: nothing comes to mind, though I do tear up from time to time over one or another something

15. What do you eat when you watch TV? There’s usually bowl of grapes or cherries next to me at all times

16. How often do you watch TV? Actual watching is saved for certain shows like NCIS, Bones, Eureka

17. What’s the last TV show you watched? NCIS

18. What’s your favourite/preferred genre of TV?, Smartass…I mean smartly dialogued drama or dramedy sci-fi or fantasy/paranormal

19. What was the first TV show you were obsessed with? As an adult….Buffy the Vampire Slayer

20. What TV show do you wish you never watched? Some of those lame-ass sit-coms and ‘reality shows’ that are on and are total crap

21. What’s the weirdest show you enjoyed? Dead Like Me



22. What TV show scared you the most? X-Files could creep me out from time to time

23. What is the funniest TV show you have ever watched? God help me, but I snort laugh sometimes watching Two & a Half Men. And there’s always Friends when they were on their game.

24. What show was cancelled too early? Well, hell, just about anything I like is cancelled. Unless I catch it well into its run, like NCIS, a series is pretty much doomed to fail because I like it. Which is why ‘reality shows’ are having such a field day of it, I hate them..therefore they thrive…if only I could use my power for good….
I do sometimes get lucky, like with Bones and Eureka. I held my breath after the first season…they both were renewed and continue to be…

6 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've enjoyed reading this meme everywhere. You made me laugh. Have you watched The Big Bang Theory? It comes on before 2.5 Men. I laugh out loud then entire show.

Imzadi Dragonfly said...

So have your watched Dollhouse yet? It's on Friday's so I imagine you'd DVR it.

I watched all of Sanctuary via scifi.com. Since I had no cable it was my only choice.

Kristie said...

The One Where Everyone Finds Out... is one of my all time favorite Friends and sitcom episodes as well! I always crack up watching that one!

Vickie said...

Mary: I only watch Two and a Half Men on reruns for the most part. It comes on at 8pm and that's bath time for Lady K...DH stays up to watch it and I get her hosed off.

Jenna: I plan on watching Dollhouse on hulu.com very soon. I keep forgetting about my computer options for Sanctuary. I plan on getting it on DVD one day.

Kristie: It is my all time favorite Friends. I snort laugh until tears are flowing. That is when they are all on their game.

TexasRed said...

I love your choices. I'm posting this meme on my site, too, but have it scheduled for a Monday later in the month.

I'm also a huge Joss fan & have enjoyed the first episode of Dollhouse -- looking forward to #2.

I've heard Dead Like Me recommended by lots of people. Need to check it out.

Vickie said...

TexasRed: I look forward to seeing your TV meme. This is a fun one.

Dead Like Me is dark and funny. I catch it from time to time on one of the HD channels where it is uncensored and highly enjoyable.