Summer

16 October 2007

Thank Goodness for gym time

Thank goodness for an understanding DH who agrees to let me get up honkin' early, go to the gym, work out and I get in some reading time. Though I do need better planning as I finished my book a few minutes before the time programmed on the bike. So, I went back and re-read some bits I'd skimmed before in Deep in the Woods: The Beginning - Larry J Hillhouse. I started this one on the recommendation of the author and I thought it was a nice coming of age story of a young girl transplanted to the Appalachia mountains. Then it turned to a ghost story....no....not a ghost story...a sci-fi story of Twilight Zone proportions. I heard Rod Serling's voice narrating in my cranium. A very cool effect, I might add.
No idea what I will read next, I left my book bag in the car. And I may not choose any of those anyway. I have three boxes of varying sizes, full of books, from Our Lady of the Books, Book Temptress, Pamala of the Chicago 'Burbs that I need to go through. Rosamunde Pilcher books are in one box, thrillers in another and cozies in the third.
Tape 6 of 9, side 1 Harvest - Tess Gerittsen in the car and a few more pages read in bedside book Whole Lotta Trouble - Stephanie Bond. The thing about getting up honkin' early to go to the gym and get to work early is the sleepiness factor hitting a little earlier in the evening. I just barely kept my eyes open long enough to watch Sprout channel shows with Lady K. She kept nudging me awake to watch Bearenstein Bears' antics.....sigh....I'll get better at 6 hours of sleep on a daily basis...I hope....

No comments: