Summer

24 January 2011

SKINWALKER: A Jane Yellowrock Novel - Faith Hunter

From the back of the book: Last year Jane nearly lost her life taking down a deadly family of vampires who preyed on the helpless local populace. Now, after months of recuperation, she's back and ready to fight again. Except this time, she's been hied by those she's trained to kill---vampires.
Jane Yellowrock is the last of her kind---a skinwalker of Cherokee descent who can turn into any creature she desires---and hunts the undead for a living. But now she's been hired by Katherine Fonteneau, one of the oldest vampires in New Orleans and the madam of Katie's Ladies, to hunt a powerful rogue vampire who's killing other vamps.
Amidst a bordello full of real "ladies of the night" and a hot Cajun biker with a panther tattoo who stirs her carnal desire, Jane must stay focused and complete her mission...or else the next skin she'll need to save may be her own.
***********************************************
Man oh man! I love finding a series that starts with a big ol' bang. And that it takes place in New Orleans lends that extra little Gothic feel to the vampires and shapeshifters.
SKINWALKER has been on the shelf for about a year after I bought two books in Faith's Rogue Mage series, BLOODRING and SERAPHS. I fully expected to read those pretty much immediately, but they are still on Mt Git'r'Read and I kept hearing so many fab things about Jane Yellowrock, so I made it an imperative to read it soonest. I guess I have been in a vampire and shapeshifter kind of mood and I will be in a rogue mage kind of mood later in the year, probably sooner than too much later.
And..... I liked the premise and characters so damn much that I bought books two and three, BLOOD CROSS and MERCY BLADE pretty much immediately after finishing. I can't wait to read what Jane and the vampires (apparently they don't like being called 'vamps') and the hottie Cajun get up to next.
Five sparkly shapeshifting diamonds.....

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Those are also on my TBR-mountain. But your review is really enthusiastic.

Vickie said...

Aurian: I hope you like this as much as I did.