Summer

28 October 2011

GHOST A LA MODE: A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery - Sue Ann Jaffarian

From the back of the book: Rotten to the core or the apple of his eye?

Granny was famous for her award-winning apple pies---and notorious for murdering her husband, Jacob, at their homestead in Julian, California. The only trouble is, Granny was framed, then murdered. For more than one hundred years, Granny's spirit has been searching for someone to help her see that justice is served---and she hits pay dirt when she pops in on a seance attended by her great-great-great granddaughter, modern-day divorced mom Emma Whitecastle. Together, Emma and Granny Apples solve mysteries of the past---starting with Granny's own unjust murder rap in the final days of the California Gold Rush.


Along with a sprinkling of history, this spirited new mystery series features the amateur sleuth team of Emma Whitecastle and the spirit of her pie-baking great-great-great granmother, Granny Apples.

***************************************

I loved this book! I had so much fun reading about Emma and her finding her ability to hear and see ghosts with the help of Granny Apples.

All the excellent ingredients that I love in a book, good history lesson, a weensy start at a possible romance for the main character who really isn't looking for any kind of entanglement due to the poopcranium ex-husband. And an excellent mystery to solve.

There's humor, danger, suspense, and ghosts...it's all good and I cannot wait to read the next in the series, GHOST IN THE POLKA DOT BIKINI.


Five ghostly sparkly diamonds.....





5 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Is this new? I'll look it up. I read one of hers a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

Aurian said...

Ooo lovely review, I want to read it!

Vickie said...

Mary: It looks like it was released in 2009, but I only heard about it a few months ago. I added the first in her other series, Odelia Gray Mystery, to my Nook a couple of hours ago.

Aurian: Thank you. I hope you like the book as much as I did.

WonderBunny said...

Great review! I haven't read this one but just finished reading the second one. I didn't realize there was an earlier book until I'd already started Ghost in a Polka Dot Bikini. The name is what drove me reading the book. Sounded light and amusing!

Vickie said...

WonderBunny: *grin* The title of GHOST IN A POLKA DOT BIKINI caught my book buying eye, too! I saw that there was one before to start the series and I got GHOST A LA MODE first.