Summer

14 November 2007

Thank goodness for purse books....

I always carry a purse book with me. I had a doctor's appt yesterday afternoon....I was early, the doctor was running late. I was at the halfway point in What's a Ghoul to Do? - Victoria Laurie when I sat down in the waiting room and I finished while waiting for my blood draw two hours later. Thankfully, that meant the appt was complete and it left me looking forward to choosing a new purse book. I stopped at Super Tarjay on the way to picking up Lady K at school and kept myself to my shopping list even though I did wander through the book section. I was hoping to find On Strike for Christmas - Sheila Roberts, but no joy. I will just have to go to B&N and renew my B&N card and use my discount now....oh the tragedy....

I went home after Lady K pick-up and got my schtuff ready for the next day of work and working out. I also thought I'd found my next purse book The Butler Did It - Kasey Michaels. No, he really didn't...at least not for me. It's an eHarlequin set in Regency England timeframe that I somehow thought would be a fun read and it so is not. So now to weed out the Kasey Michaels I thought would be a good deal to get all at once having never read her. I will try one more of another era and see how it goes. I will start this one at home or will carry two choices in my purse this time. It makes for a long recumbent bike ride when one doesn't have a book to read when one is used to having a book to read.

No comments: