Summer

28 November 2007

Coldheart Canyon - Clive Barker

Glad to be finished with Coldheart Canyon - Clive Barker. I have been listening to this for over a month, what with no listening time during the Thanksgiving week and not using my car much. 17 tapes, 22 hours long. Thankfully a very talented narrator, Frank Muller, kept me listening. I did fast forward through what seemed the millionth multi-partnered sex scene and kept fast forwarding when it got to be too much from then on. The story itself was intriguing, but I became a little overwhelmed at times. And I am not a Fainting Fanny nor get wrapped around the axle with sex scenes, but some of these became too much.
I liked how Clive dispatched the bad guys (male and female) and redeemed the iffy characters. Tammy was my favorite of the good guys and Katya was a well written evil biotch.

Ready to move on and try something new from the stacks of audiobooks in the backseat of the vehicle. The Archer's Tale - Bernard Cornwell might be up next.

No comments: