Summer

20 June 2007

Sittin' in the Parking Lot....

I sat in my car in the parking lot at work this morning, not 10 minutes ago, to finish a wonderful audiobook, Darwin's Radio Greg Bear. It is not one of my usual mystery reads as I really can't call it a mystery, more like suspense/sci-fi. It was a little difficult to get into at first with the medical/biological/other-icals that I had to wrap my brain around. The story kept me interested, though. And it is a wonderful story. Kay is a scientist and Mitch is an anthropologist and they find each other. NOOOOO, it is NOT a romance! A retro-virus has been biding its time. It's been making its appearance every once in a while and it is up to guided and many misguided folks in the sciences to find out and disseminate the word of what exactly is going on. Greg Bear's story and George Guidall's fab voice tugged me along and there were mornings or afternoons from my commute where I did not want to get out of the car, rather stay in and listen. And you should, too!

No comments: