Summer

13 May 2007

Two More Down, Gazillion More to Go (like that's a bad thing)

I finished Sweet and Deadly Charlaine Harris last night on shift and started On What Grounds Cleo Coyle pretty much immediately. Kind of like chain reading.....I finished Murder of a Pink Elephant Denise Swanson this morning, thanks to my reason for being able to celebrate Mother's Day. Got home a little after midnight and had to read to wind down from my swing shift, so didn't really get to sleep until 1am. Wake up from sweet patootie Lady K at a little before 6am, so I read since she really didn't want me to go back to sleep. And DH was getting his sleep-in he treasures on weekends. Our neighbors were (I guess) celebrating the completion of their bricked up supports on their back porch. They were hootin' and hollerin' when I got home and DH said he heard them until he finally got to sleep at 1:30 or so. I reminded him of the earplugs I keep in my nightstand drawer (clean unused ones!!) as well as the fact that there are two other spare rooms in the house and the basement. He said he didn't think of that. If he hadn't been sleeping in, I'd have got out the lawn mower when I woke at 6am and started it up. I'd have left it right on their side of the garden, too. I reckon I am a little pissy like that.
I haven't started a new bedside book as yet. I may bring in some from my order of books I received from my buddy, Pamala, Our Lady of the Books. After a few cozies, I am ready for something a little gritty.

No comments: