Summer

01 January 2012

December 2011 Book Journal

A quiet reading month for me and only nine books read or listened to:
SWITCHED: A Trylle Novel - Amanda Hocking, YA fantasy, ARC from Library Thing, fab!

THE REAPERS - John Connolly, thriller, BOCD, superb

THE DARLING DAHLIAS & THE CUCUMBER TREE - Susan Wittig Albert, cozy set in 1930s Alabama, BOCD, amazing

RAVEN BLACK: Shetland Island Quartet Book One - Ann Cleeves, thriller, TPB, awesome

HARK! THE HERALD ANGEL SCREAMED: An Augusta Goodnight Mystery - Mignon Ballard, cozy w/guardian angel, MPB, good

LEGACIES: A Repairman Jack Novel #2 - F. Paul Wilson, thriller, MPB, excellent

A SHEETCAKE NAMED DESIRE: A Piece of Cake Mystery #1 - Jacklyn Brady, cozy, MPB, excellent

WHO DO, VOODOO?: A Mind for Murder Mystery #1 - Rochelle Staab, cozy, MPB, really good

A SLICE OF MURDER: A Pizza Lover's Mystery #1 - Chris Cavender, cozy, Nookbook, decent

KARMA GIRL CHRISTMAS - Jennifer Estep, UF, Nookbook, good

Books: 7
Audio: 2
Total for month: 9
Total for 2011: 134


5 comments:

Thoughts of Joy said...

Perfect choice for a number 9! Not bad reading, either! :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

You had a great month! And now I'm craving pizza and cake, haha.

Aurian said...

Great score for such a busy month! Are you hoping to read more books in 2012?

Sherri said...

I would love it if I could get 9 books read in a month! Good for you Vickie :)!! You always amaze me on how many books you read! I have The Darling Dahlias.... on my Nook to read. Thanks for all the reviews!! May 2012 be a wonderful book year for you!!

Vickie said...

Joy: *smile* I was glad I found it.

Mary: I do that, too, after reading the foodie cozies.

Aurian: I am indeed hoping to read more books in 2012. I read 186 in 2010 and was way below that in 2011. Not sure what happened, but I am shooting for more this year.

Sherri: Oh, you will love THE DARLING DAHLIAHS! I can't wait to read and listen to more of the series.