Summer

01 September 2009

THE WOODSTOCK STORY BOOK - Linanne G Sackett, Photographs by Barry Z Levine



As reviewed and seen through the eyes of 6 1/2 year old Lady K:
"Mommie, this is a great storybook! WOW! Look at all those people! Holy COW! That stage is HUGE! HEY! Those people are NEKKID! I see his BUTT! OHHHHH! Now they're KISSIN'! GWOSSSS! ACK! Turn the page!
Oh! I like the poetwee. That's Janis Joplin? Do we like her? We do? Oh good. Jimi who? Hendwix? Is he good? They both died? Oh, that's sad. I like the fwinge on Jimi's jacket.
How do you say that name? Swami Satchi.....huh? That Country Joe and Fish song is good. OOOOOO! Carlos Santana? He's on my Dora the Explorer CD! I like him! Hey! Those boys are nekkid! Playing drums! Can I play drums nekkid someday? OH! More nekkid people taking a bath in the river! No bathtubs?
We received this from OnlinePublisher to review. We had a lot of fun looking this great photo filled book. Lady K is using it as a teaching book for her dolls and stuffed animals (aka, her students).
Five Lady K diggin' it beans!

5 comments:

Timothy Fitzgerald said...

Your post is very intriguing about Woodstock. At the time, I was a 23 year old student at San Jose State. Although I didn't attend Woodstock, it was a turning point in movement politics at the close of the decade.

Timothy Fitzgerald, Author and Historian

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Tell Lady K I loved her review :D

Vickie said...

Timothy: Thank you for stopping by. I was 8 years old and I remember the music, but was oblivious to the political climate other than the part where my dad was doing a remote tour in Vietnam for the first time for the Air Force.

Vickie said...

Mary: *grin* Thanks and I'll tell her.

Anonymous said...

Vickie,

Yes, the '60s were a milestone in superpower relations. And as I say in my book, "Wawona Brotherhood: San Jose State Revolt," it birthed a new set of values for baby boomers like myself.

Timothy Fitzgerald, Author and Historian