Summer

18 September 2009

DISAPPEARING NIGHTLY - Laura Resnick

From the back of the book: I'm not a heroine--I just play one. Along with psychotics, vamps, housewives and hookers. As my agent is fond of pointing out, there are more actors in New York than there are people in most other cities. Translation: beggars can't be choosers.
This explains how I wound up prancing around stage half naked the night Golly Gee--the female lead in the off-Broadway show "Sorceror!"-- disappeared into thin air. Literally.
Now other performers are also vanishing, and a mysterious stranger is warning me, "There is evil among us." But the producers want me to take over Golly's part.
Looks as if I'm going to need a little magical help if I want to keep my starring role.....
*******
O..M..G! How excellent is this book?! I had such a good time reading it and getting to know Esther, Max, Magic Magnus, Delilah, Whoopsy Daisy, Khyber Pass....and the rest....it's a funny paranormal mystery that had me giggling and staying up way past my bedtime since it was my bedside book.
The characters are fabulously written and the story is smooth. I did kind of figure out who the bad person was about halfway through, but I didn't mind. I wanted to see how it was done and the rest of the relationships and characters pulled me happily along.
Five superbly mystical beans......

1 comment:

Laura said...

Glad you enjoyed it! The sequel, DOPPELGANGSTER, will be released June 5, 2010, with a terrific cover by the series' new publisher.

Laura Resnick
www.LauraResnick.com